Tuesday, May 13, 2014

What Is A Hero?-Taylor

         What is a hero to you? To me a hero is someone that you admire or look up to. A hero is the one you turn to for help. I know I may not have always been there when my family has needed me. It takes a lot to look at someone you love that is your hero and see them on their death bed. Its hard to have a conversation with them without crying. There's many things that are a daily part of life. It's difficult to let one go when it is their time. Many people haven't experienced this before.
         My hero is my great grandfather who we refer to as Papa. He served in the Navy during World War II only because when Japan bombed Pearl Harbor it made him mad enough to want to fight against them. As a kid he never really told me what he did in the Navy. One of the last times I saw him we sat down and he told me exactly everything that happened during his Navy life beginning with the day Pearl Harbor was bombed. It was a very good and long story. His story has pursued me to want to continue my thoughts of joining the Navy.
        When the day comes don't be afraid to let the hero's in your life go. For everyone has their time. Don't beg for the survival of them but beg for the taking of them with no pain or suffering. Its a difficult thing to do when you see a loved one lying and they cant do much but moan and have slight conversations. It can and will bring tears to anyone's eyes. Everyone goes through this situation some more then others. Just remember they didn't do anything wrong , but they did everything right that their duty as a man or a women is done and it is their time now so don't hold on. ----Taylor
Stevenson, Taylor. My Hero. Digital image. N.p., 13 May 2014. Web. 13 May 2014.

No comments:

Post a Comment